Pathways to healing
It’s important to look after yourself when you’ve had a loss. There are lots of things you can do to grieve and begin to heal:
- Make sure you give yourself time to heal. Grieving takes time.
- Spend time with trusted friends and family for yarning or just being there.
- Do activities that you find relaxing like listening to music, painting or writing.
- Practise culture.
- Visit your country.
- Talk to your ancestors.
- Take care of yourself and keep healthy by eating well, resting and exercising.
- Avoid drinking, smoking or using drugs.
- Try meditating or praying.
For stories on pathways to healing, click here.